Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy (almost) weekend.  It sounds like this weekend will be perfect to be outside!  I know I plan to be outside...my twin sons have a football game on Saturday!  I'm a big football fan...especially the Badgers and the Packers!

I want to use my blog to educate others on many different topics related to speech, language, hearing, reading, writing, learning, syndromes, and anything else you would like to learn more about...



What is speech and language therapy?

Speech and language therapy is the treatment of deficiencies in a child's ability to communicate. Speech and language skills are different. Language is the use of words and sentences to communicate ideas which includes speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Speech is the use of the sounds that make up the words and sentences.  The need for therapy is determined by a Speech Pathologist by carefully observing, measuring and evaluating the individual’s current development level.


A Speech Language Pathologist is a state and nationally licensed clinician with a minimum educational requirement of a Masters degree in Speech and Hearing Science and one year of post graduate fellowship.


No comments:

Post a Comment