Friday, September 21, 2012
I am very excited to announce that I FINALLY got a school issued iPad and will be utilizing it to its full potential in speech and language! The kids will teach me a lot, I'm sure! The down side? I have to attend an all day training on Saturday...but that is TOTALLY worth it!
Many people ask when speech sounds develop and by what age a particular speech sound should be mastered. Typically, development is as follows:
P, M, H, N, W, B: start to emerge first and are usually mastered by about age 3.
K, G, D, T, NG: begin to emerge around age 2 and are usually mastered by about age 4.
F, Y: begin to emerge at about 2 1/2 years and are usually mastered by about age 4.
R, L, S: begin to emerge at about 3 years and are usually mastered by about age 7 1/2.
CH, SH, Z: begin to emerge at about 3 1/2 years and are usually mastered by about age 7.
J, V: begin to emerge at about 4 years and are usually mastered by about age 8.
TH (like 'thumb') and TH (like 'that'): begin to emerge at about 4 1/2 years and are usually mastered by about age 7 1/2.
ZH (like 'measure'): begin to emerge at about 5 1/2 years and are usually mastered by about age 8.
No comments:
Post a Comment